Wednesday, June 2, 2021

My bee experiment

 


Today at science me and my buddy were given a container, I realised on the side it said queen bumble bee but it was dead so we could look at it. My buddy was Marist the one on the left, maybe you could go and have a look at his blog.The bee smelt like out of date Vegemite, we had a magnifying glass and some tweezers. We got some work sheets and when we finished we got some more bees like a male bumble bee and a worker bee since we finished first. I liked it because we could look at the bee and describe it and we could work together.  








4 comments:

  1. Hi Lachlan
    I see you are on your way with blogging. I also see from your live traffic that you are getting hits from all over New Zealand. How exciting for you! I must learn how to put a live traffic feed on my blog as well.
    Bees are so interesting!! I made connections to Bee blog posts as I've also been learning about bees as my sister and nephew are looking into getting a hive. They live on a couple of acres in Pukekohe. Tell me more about what your learnt.... bees are so interesting!

    I like how you encouraged me to go and check out Marist's blog as well Lachlan. I agree with Phil that your picture was a good choice - interesting for the reader and helps with your explanation. I also like how you described the bee as smelling like vegemite. Using the sense helps to 'paint a picture' in my head about what you are describing. This is powerful writing.
    I'll look forward to visiting your blog again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like how you said it smelled like out of date vegemite.

    maby you could add more stuff inbetween, we got worksheets and we finished the worksheets

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dont know why there are tow coments

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lachlan i liked how you used "out of date" instead of "Rotten" i loved that idea . I hope that you get more page views and more people from around the world!
    But i hope you get better at blogging. :]

    ReplyDelete